PRICE is a project put together by a team of people from University of Southampton and Barod Community Interest Company. PRICE is a pilot project funded by the Web Science Institute.
We are exploring whether an online TimeBank can solve some problems for people doing inclusive research with people with learning disabilities.
- matters to people with learning disabilities
- involves people with learning disabilities and academics working together
- respects everyone involved
There are some practical problems with inclusive research:
- There isn’t an easy way for people to meet each other and decide to work together
- People in an inclusive research team often don’t get the same pay or status
- There is often no money to pay for parts of the research, like writing grant applications
A TimeBank is a way of matching people who have something to offer with people who want something. We think an online TimeBank might solve some of these problems. To explore this idea we have been busy:
- doing a lot of reading and thinking
- listening to other inclusive researchers
- listening to people who are good at making websites easy for everyone to use
- developing a prototype Timebank to test our ideas and get your feedback.
Please take a look at our online prototype (links to new window). This is a draft site to explore the potential of an inclusive research timebank. Feel free to offer feedback as we want to develop it further.
Have a look round this website to find out more.